Sunday, January 23, 2011

New cruises- new instructors-new quilters

Hi to all,
Michelle and I have been busy at the Tucson Quilt Show.  We have had a great time meeting and welcoming aboard new Quilt Retreat at Sea cruisers for our 2011 and 2012 quilt cruises. We are happy to have met some of you that had previously registered for a cruise, and now we will be able to have a face with the name. 
Here's a peek at our booth.  We got a lot of nice comments.  The stringer was loaned to us by Nina at Hearts and Hands Quilts Shop. She took a long string of white lights and wrapped miles of  small strips of scraps around the wiring.  They shine nicely and attract a good bit of attention. 
The 'Sandal' quilt was a hit and prompted many to stop and ask questions about it.  Here is the story behind the quilt.  In 2008 I asked the quilters who were taking our inaguaraul cruise to please make a sandal block ( I provided a pattern). They were asked to applique the sandal to a 10" block of white cotton. Once I received the blocks,  I had the challenge of putting them all together and completing the quilt. Nina Keck- professional long arm quilter and owner of Hearts and Hands Quilts did the quilting.
Michelle and I look forward to sailing with you in 2011 and 2012, we are also now beginning to plan for the last half of 2012 and 2013 so that there will be many more cruises for you to enjoy and many more techniques for you to learn.

2 comments:

  1. Hi ladies... I was at the Quilt show this weekend and was blown away at the beautiful quilts! This was the 2nd time I have attended and hope to not miss any in the future! I stopped by your booth and picked up a business card to hopefully get a cruise booked. One day I hope to be able to attend one of the quilting cruises....great job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Thank you! I really appreciate your article, in fact I think you deserve a thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete